Live your fantasy and make all your dreams come alive on your wedding day
Growing up as a kid, we all had the perfect picture of the ideal wedding we wanted. Was it in a castle in south of France? On the lush fields of Scotland the beach in the Caribbeans or even mid flight aboard an airbus 380 heading to Venice?
Destination wedding used to be exclusive for the rich and famous but with changing times and information at our finger tips, having that dream wedding you have always wanted is just a click away. Over the last few years more and more couples have taken the not so cheap option on having their wedding abroad.
What has changed and why are more couples opting for this? Well number of reason is, you are in total control! You get to have your day exactly the way you dreamt it will be. Having your wedding far far away gives you the feeling of being in control. You get to select your closest friend and important family members to grace the occasion.
As wonderful as they sound, destination weddings need adequate and extra preparation such as research, planning, budgeting and logistics analysis. No matter how smooth everything seems, you also have to be very realistic and also careful. If well planned, they end up being less expensive as you make plans for what you need and only those you have budgeted for. You don’t have the usual crowd that shows up (including uninvited family members who show up with their own entourage), area boys or people from the streets who see your wedding as a free lunch date and not forgetting the embarrassing scuffle for giveaways and souvenirs that characterize Nigerian weddings.
Perfectly arranged destination wedding end up being an intimate time for the couple; as they are more relaxed for fun and tend to forget about the hassles of Nigeria. It is the perfect opportunity to have a memorable & fun mini holiday while still being in the spirit of tying the nuptial knots.
It is often best to choose a spot that means something to you or in other cases, a destination that is easily accessible as you might have guests coming from all over the world. London is often a destination of choice because of this exact reason. Other locations include Dubai, The Caribbean ,France, Italy, Spain, African countries such as Ghana, Tanzania, South Africa and Gambia, are becoming popular because of the exclusivity and serenity they provide.
Here are is a list of to dos when preparing for your destination wedding.
1. Pick out a destination with your partner so you can start to make plans.
2. The Weather Factor. It is important to know what the weather would be like at your desired destination spot at the time you want to get married. For instance, you don't want to be saying I do during a monsoon or rainy season.
3. Prepare a realistic budget. Make adequate research on prices for accommodation, food & beverages, travel, cakes, musicians, photographers and other services that you may need. Because you will be going out of your comfort zone (your country).
4. Arrange travel plans. Negotiate a good travel package for your guests with a reputable travel agency. Do not forget to include all important information such as names of your guest, hotel plans. If possible drop one of you invites with the agency.
5. Travel Insurance. Having a good insurance is very important. A good insurance policy will cover you for injury, medical assistance and also the in case of loss of property. It gives you the needed peace of mind.
Have a fab destination wedding. OWSN
comments powered by Disqus